- M.A.A.L., Macquarie University (2004-2006)
- B.A. (Hons.), Lancaster University (1995-1998)
- PhD Fellow, Nord University (2019-)
- Academic Training Manager, The Anglo Mexican Foundation (2017-2019)
- Director of Professional and Pedagogical Development, Laureate International Universities (2014-2017)
- Young Learner Programmes Manager, British Council Myanmar (2011-2013)
- Head of Primary Learners Programmes, British Council Thailand (2007-2010)
- Academic Manager, British Council Syria (2006-2007)
Areas of Interest
Children’s literature; primary and secondary English teacher education; intercultural learning
David Valente is a Nord University research fellow in English language and literature subject pedagogy. His research interests include children’s literature in primary English teaching, primary and secondary teacher education and intercultural learning. His PhD research explores the positioning of children’s literature as a catalyst for intercultural perspective shifting in primary English education.
David has over 20 years’ experience in English language education as a teacher, teacher educator, academic manager, coursebook author and journal editor. He is also reviews editor for the Children’s Literature in English Language Education journal.